mail stuck in postfix.in

Peter Farago peter.farago at PENSION-KEY.COM
Tue Sep 2 16:19:36 IST 2003

I installed mailscanner & spamassassin under redhat 9 and tried to
configure it to work with postfix.

postfix-1.1.12-1
mailscanner 4.23-11
mail-spamassassin 2.55

I followed the instructions in "MailScanner Installation Guide - Postfix"

postfix (2 copies) and mailscanner (many copies) both run after I do the
service MailScanner start but inbound mail gets stuck
in /var/spool/postfix.in/deferred.

there are no errors in maillog but I don't see any mailscanner entries
after the startup. It appears to not recognize the arrival of mail in the
inbound queue.

Any ideas on how to fix this?