Freshclam update logging problems

Mon Sep 1 22:34:22 IST 2003

On Monday 01 September 2003 10:09 pm, Miguel Koren O'Brien de Lacy wrote:

> I think I discovered why clam-update.log only shows updates once in a
> while. What happens is that even though freshclam is running, so is the
> Mailscanner cron job to update Clam.

But the MailScanner script is just a front-end for freshclam.   Why are you
running both?   This seems to me that it can only lead to conflicts or
confusion, albeit only infrequently.

I would recommend that if you are using the standard MailScanner virus update
script, you do not independently run freshclam.

Antony.

--

The flush toilet then, as the plainest manifestation of a feedback loop, is a
mythical beast - the beast of self.

 - Kevin Kelly, Out of Control