Freshclam update logging problems

Miguel Koren O'Brien de Lacy miguelk at KONSULTEX.COM.BR
Mon Sep 1 22:09:21 IST 2003

I think I discovered why clam-update.log only shows updates once in a
while. What happens is that even though freshclam is running, so is the
Mailscanner cron job to update Clam. Since the frequency of the
Mailscanner update is much greater (per hour) than I set freshclam
(every 12 hours), when freshcalm does run, it finds the database already
updated and does nothing. It's very unsual for it to be the first and in
those cases Mailscanner logs that the database is up to date. That
explains the discrepancies between the logs on the 3 servers we run this
way.

I hope this helps someone that runs into this "problem".

Miguel

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.