blocking an email based on it's IP

Mon Sep 1 16:43:36 IST 2003

On Monday 01 September 2003 4:40 pm, John Williams wrote:

> Please forgive me if I've missed this post, but is there a way to look at
> the IP address of incoming mail and filter/blacklist it based on that?

You can do this on your MTA, so it doesn't even need to get processed by
MailScanner.

On sendmail, the file you need is /etc/mail/access - I'm not sure about other
MTAs.

Antony.

--

The first ninety percent of an engineering project takes ninety percent
of the time, and the last ten percent takes the remaining ninety percent.