Why do?

Thu Oct 30 17:57:51 GMT 2003

Ian Douglas wrote:

>>Shouldn't Archive Mail = also be a ruleset so you can specify what goes
>>where?
>

> Sure, but I haven't bothered reading the docs on writing rulesets for that sort
> of thing ... if you have a rulset to post for this, I'd be happy to peek at it.
>
> Personally, I let SpamAssassin read through the archive file to learn spam and
> ham after I drop a ton of domain-based Email that I don't do spam filtering for
> (they do their own after fetching all of their Email from my server). So,
> splitting up the archive first would do me little good, in fact it would
> increase my work to open multiple archive files.
>
> -id
Ian

I was trawling through the email archive and FAQ's today looking for
info on rejecting email's and found something very similar at one stage
in the list archive I think.

I'll try and dig it out tomorrow - home time for us in the UK..

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

the system manager.