Testing MailScanner

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Wed Oct 29 03:25:50 GMT 2003

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Peter Russell [mailto:prussell at MTELIZA.COM.AU]
Envoyé : Tuesday, October 28, 2003 10:11 PM
À : MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Objet : Re: Testing MailScanner

Thanks avain Kevin. I am already using the postfix snapshot.

Still looking for mailstats - but its not urgent.

Could some one please tell me what i need to do to mailscanner to tell it to allow inbound email from my private IP address? I have modified our private DNS MX for our domain to point to the IP of the mailscanner (also on private subnet), then i use another linux machine to fire off email, but always gets rejected, because it comes from a private subnet - where do i tell mailscanner to allow email from this private ip?

[Ugo Bellavance]
Is it blocked by postfix or mailscanner?

If it is mailscanner, just go to /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.whitelist.rules, and insert your ip address, following the format.

hth

Thanks
Pete

Kevin Spicer <kevin at KEVINSPICER.CO.UK>
Sent by: MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
29/10/2003 10:26 AM
Please respond to MailScanner mailing list