MailScanner & Solaris (Sparc)

Ignacio M. Sbampato listas at VIRUSATTACK.COM.AR
Tue Oct 28 02:52:37 GMT 2003

Thanks for your quick answers, Matt & Randy.

We didn't install yet MailScanner over Solaris, because i just realize is
possible (sorry, i'm some kind of newbie in the MailScanner world).

We have 5 boxes running Solaris, with the following configuration:

* OS: Solaris 8.0
* CPU: 2*UltraSparcII 400 Mhz w/ 1GB RAM
* Email system: SunOne Messaging Server 5.2

Every hour, this platform process 100,000 messages, with an average size of
60 KB. We was thinking about adding some Linux boxes with MailScanner+AV,
but if we can install MailScanner over this servers, will be better.

The idea is to install MailScanner + F-PROT for Linux File Servers to
analyze the email messages for virus and content potentially dangerous.
We'll not use RBL neither SpamAssassin at the moment.

Do you think is possible to install MS over this configuration without any
problem of performance? The servers are working fine now, with only a 60/70%

Thanks a lot for your help.

Ignacio