New MRTG Script - Delivery Delays

Corey S. McFadden c at CSMA.BIZ
Fri Oct 24 03:25:19 IST 2003

Group,

I wrote a new MRTG script earlier this week to get a better idea as to what
sort of delivery delay we were getting from MailScanner, SpamAssassin,
etc.  Specifically, I wanted to see if I would get a noticeable performance
boost from upgrading SpamAssassin 2.55 to 2.60-1.  (Answer: YES.)

         http://web.csma.biz/apps/deliverytimes.shtml

It's written to work with Sendmail log outputs, so if someone wants to use
it with postfix e-mail me some sample log files and I'll work it in...

Anyhow, I find the output interesting.  It should make performance tuning
more obvious.  If anyone else finds it useful, let me know.

-Corey

--
Corey S. McFadden & Associates,
Technology Consultants