perfomance troubles

Fri Oct 24 00:31:03 IST 2003

Hi!

> > And try to run RBLs localy also, if possible.

> What is the difference of having a caching dns and running RBLs locally?

Locally i mean on your own nameservers. We for example run local copy's of
several RBL lists. If a RBL network gets (D)DoS attacks you only ont get
new updates (rsync) but the lookups wont slowdown your own mailer. On high
volume mailers this is a must.

With caching you still have to do lookups on the remote servers, if they
are down or v e r y slow during attacks your mail will start clogging.

Bye,
Raymond.