Corrupt TNEF winmail.dat file caused tnef to core dump

Todd Williams todd.williams at TFCCI.COM
Wed Oct 22 21:11:34 IST 2003

Hello,

Our site received a few odd e-mail messages last night, which caused the
tnef program to drop a core dump(s) in the mqueue.in directory.  We're
running version tnef-1.1.4-sizelimit1 in RPM as installed by MailScanner.
As a result of the problems with these messages, MailScanner generated logs
stating "Corrupt TNEF winmail.dat that cannot be analysed in message

Are there any known bugs or problems with this release of the tnef decoder?
I have the original message qf and df files, as well as the tnef core dump
if it's of any use.

Thanks,

Todd