OT Routing problem MS sendmail and exchange

S Mohan smohan at vsnl.com
Wed Oct 22 01:35:02 IST 2003

Sendmail has a declarative called LUSR_RELAY. If turned on, it will deliver
unknown user mails in the current domain out by resolving DNS MX. This works
well in a Head Off-Branch office situation where branch office has the same
domain as head office but not the complete user list. External mails resolve
MX to head office and head office forwards mails for users as per
virtusertable. In the branch, mail sent is delivered locally for local users
and for unknown users is delivered to resolved MX which is head office. If
user is not present in that system, then mail is bounced.

Trust this is what you are looking for. HTH

Regards
Mohan