upgrade to perl 5.8.1, no go

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Tue Oct 21 18:19:42 IST 2003

Julian,

   I commented out line 67 of lib /MailScanner/Log.pm, aka:

eval { Sys::Syslog::setlogsock('unix'); }; # This may fail!

put MailScanner.conf in debug=yes mode, and ran
/opt/MailScanner/bin/check_mailscanner.  This script spat out the
pid number of the process, then...  nothing.  Tailing the syslog
saw no output.  No secondary MS processes forked off.  No email
moved.  Nada.  I'm running Sol 9 with the latest patches, at least
since last month (I need to patch again, but I would like to kill
this bug first).

--- Jeff