Pyzor, Razor, and DCC? {Scanned by HJMS}

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Mon Oct 20 22:23:12 IST 2003

I hear you. I realized after my post that I might have started a flame
war if this list wasn't so nice. Anyone on the qmail list? ;)

I know they all are different but I still think they are similar enough
to make me choose one to begin with and I went with DCC because of
simplicity and efficiency which I'm really fond of. DCC doesn't need 10
Perl modules like Razor and it doesn't need Python like Pyzor. It just
works out of the box with SA if you follow their 4 line install guide
(including test), it doesn't need patches like Razor and it only needs 1
open port in the firewall, to have port 7 (echo) open like Razor is not
popular with FW admins.

I'm sure they all work well and those who chose to run two or three of
them are probably well of. I just tried to explain to someone who didn't
run any of them why I chose *one* and which one of them.

Thanks for the replies, I have learned more about Razor by reading them.
Of course I could still be completely wrong about most things. :)

/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, MailScanner 4.23-11, SpamAssassin 2.60 + DCC
1.2.9, ClamAV 20030829