MailScanner + SpamAssassin

Fri Oct 17 18:31:20 IST 2003

On Friday 17 October 2003 6:23 pm, Ugo Bellavance wrote:

> > I´ll made all the changes in Perl (now I´m running 5.6.1), reinstalled
> > SpamAssassin, and now MailScanner is running
> > fine, without any message errors about SpamAssassin. How can I know if
> > spamassassin is working? I didn't received any message saying
> > it was a Spam
> > detected by SpamAssassine yet (for about an hour)...
>
> Set Always Include Spamassassin Report = yes, then send yourself a message.

If want a *really* high score, you can always include the Generic Test for
Unsolicited Bulk Email (GTUBE) in the body of the email.   (This is a bit
like the Eicar test "virus", but for spam instead.)

To do this, put the following on one line with no spaces into your email (I
have broken it up here so that it doesn't trigger everybody's spam filters on
this mailing list):

XJS*C4JDBQADN1.NSB
N3*2IDNEN*GTUBE-STAN
DARD-ANTI-UBE-TE
ST-EMAIL*C.34X

Regards,

Antony.

--

How should I know if it works?   That's what beta testers are for.   I only
coded it.

 - Linus Torvalds