Timing SpamAssassin (tracking down cause of a slow-down)

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Thu Oct 16 14:09:38 IST 2003

Hello all...

Having moved to SA 2.60, I've now noticed that the option:

timelog_path /path/to/dir (default: NULL)

... seems to have disappeared.

This would dump 'timing' information for an individual SA run,
and, or so I thought at the time, would prove useful in identifying
SpamAssassin 'bottlenecks'.

Is this information still available (i.e. time certain bits took to
'run'),
and could it possibly be added to the test scores headers, the

SpamAssassin (score=-4.9, required 8, BAYES_00 -4.90) part?

Probably time to upgrade my MailScanner, I guess!