'Low' and 'high' spam score thresholds?

David Vosburgh vosburgh at DALSEMI.COM
Thu Oct 16 13:56:22 IST 2003

Low spam threshold = 4 (tag, striphtml,deliver)
High score threshold = 6 (quarantine)

We ran with higher thresholds in a test environment for about a month
where we were forwarding all suspected spam to two mailboxes for manual
review.  As Joshua noted, we had about a half dozen newsletters that
were scoring in the 4-5 range that we had to whitelist too.

On another note, we recently upgraded to SA 2.60 and we are catching
about 15% more spam and the number of tagged spam sent to users has been
cut in half.  The proverbial free lunch does exist.

Dave