"HELP" MIME::Parser cannot open tmpfile

Tom Farrell Thomas.Farrell at LEVEL3.COM
Thu Oct 16 04:07:49 IST 2003

I just built a new system, then used /stand/sysinstal to upgrade, Then
installed perl5.8, configured sendmail, created directories needed for
mailscanner /var/spool/mqueue.in /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming &
quarantine. chgrp new directories to daemon. installed Mailscanner 4.24.5
from the new port, installed f-prot. made changes to MailScanner.conf.
Killed off sendmail started to new Q'd sendmail process's like this.

 /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail   -bd   -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn   -
ODeliveryMode=queueonly    -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in
  /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail -q15m

and started MailScanner. Still have same problem "MIME::Parser can't open
tmpfile" As noted in my original post on 10/6/03, This problem has been
reported over and over again without any resolution. I have been in
contact with some of the people who posted the original problems 3/03 they
all had to switch the OS in order to get this to work. I really don't want
to have to go down the redhat road to get mailscanner to work. All those
SCO court cases scare me.