Vexira with MS?

Wed Oct 15 15:40:32 IST 2003

On Wednesday 15 October 2003 3:22 pm, Nathan Johanson wrote:

> Funny, there are some notable scanners missing from the certification
> list.

Well, ICSA certification is a very expensive process, and not all companies
can afford to go through it for the difference it might make to their sales.

Also, once a company has certification, it continues to be expensive, because
you need to pay for retesting of new versions of the software as they're
released.

I think it's one of those things where some people want to pay for a product
with a certificate (and don't mind the extra cost that adds on), some people
want to pay for a product which works (and prefer to save money if it's less
than a competing product with the added certification cost).

eg: Some people buy Check Point firewalls for $$$$ (or ££££ etc) - some
people know that Linux/netfilter/iptables can do the job they need, so they
use that, even though it hasn't got the certification the Check Point product
has.

Antony.

--

Your email has been returned due to insufficient voltage.