Local DCC 'server' and MS?

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Wed Oct 15 14:17:06 IST 2003

Malcolm Ray <M.Ray at ULCC.AC.UK> wrote:

>DCC is plain weird, IMO.  The documentation is poor and the interface is
>strange.  I never did figure out how to get it working with SpamAssassin
>in the way I wanted, which was to just gather data for a while without
>blocking anything.  For example, DCC's idea of logging seems to be to keep
>a copy of the entire message.

The main problem I have with it is its strange filesystem layout that
fails to separate working files from configuration files, and which
includes some rather evil scripts. This makes it tedious to tease it
out into something that can be sensibly maintained across a cluster of
machines using a version control system.

Tony.
RATTRAY HEAD TO BERWICK ON TWEED: SOUTHEAST 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6. FAIR.
GOOD. MODERATE OR ROUGH.