problems with secondary mail server

Matus matus at PILLARCORP.COM
Wed Oct 15 11:38:20 IST 2003

On Wednesday 15 of October 2003 12:26, you wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 October 2003 11:03 am, Matus wrote:
> > hi.
> >
> > im using mailscanner and it work perfectly but ...
> > when - for some reason - email come first to the second mail server
> > and then is delivered to the primary one, spam is never detected ( im
> > detecting spam only by spam list of IP's ) so i assume that problem is
> > b/c sender of email is IP of my secondary mailserver and not blacklisted
> > IP of spammer. Is it any way to configure mailscanner preventing that ? i
> > know installing mailscanner on secondary mail server will help but i dont
> > like that soluttion.
>
> 1. Why you do not like the solution of installing MailScanner on your
> secondary mail server?
>
> 2. It sounds as though you are only using MailScanner's (rather limited)
> spam detection capabilities - you would do a far better job if you
> installed SpamAssassin as well, and this would no longer be limited to
> identifying spam by the sending machine's IP address.
>
> Antony.

1. one reason is that I'm concerned about configuration file
synchronization .. - i know i can make it on system level but still ;-) - so
if it is another solution for making that i want to try it before i make it

2. yes im using only blacklist's for detecting spam - its working good right
now, so i dont have reason to change it for now ... but if after solving the
problem with secondary mailserver number of spam will be not lowered i
install spamassasin too - im using it right now only on my workstation and it
is working well too ;-)

mm