problems with secondary mail server

Wed Oct 15 11:26:05 IST 2003

On Wednesday 15 October 2003 11:03 am, Matus wrote:

> hi.
>
> im using mailscanner and it work perfectly but ...
> when - for some reason - email come first to the second mail server
> and then is delivered to the primary one, spam is never detected ( im
> detecting spam only by spam list of IP's ) so i assume that problem is
> b/c sender of email is IP of my secondary mailserver and not blacklisted IP
> of spammer. Is it any way to configure mailscanner preventing that ? i know
> installing mailscanner on secondary mail server will help but i dont like
> that soluttion.

1. Why you do not like the solution of installing MailScanner on your
secondary mail server?

2. It sounds as though you are only using MailScanner's (rather limited) spam
detection capabilities - you would do a far better job if you installed
SpamAssassin as well, and this would no longer be limited to identifying spam
by the sending machine's IP address.

Antony.

--

The only problem with the Universe as a platform, though, is that it is
currently running someone else's program.

 - Ken Karakotsios, author of SimLife