Local DCC 'server' and MS?

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Wed Oct 15 11:07:43 IST 2003

Peter Bates <Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK> wrote:

>Reading this
>http://news.spamassassin.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=56&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
>
>and also upgrading to SA 2.60, which mentions this when doing a
>'-D --lint':
>
>debug: DCCifd is not available: no r/w dccifd socket found.
>debug: DCC is available: /usr/local/bin/dccproc
>
>... are people out there running their own DCC servers/peers, or know
>what this 'dccifd' is?

SpamAssassin 2.60 now supports two ways of using dcc: the old one involves
running the dccproc program for each message; the new one talks to the
ddcifd daemon via a socket. This should be more efficient because of the
reduced startup costs.

I haven't finished investigating dcc properly, so I don't know about
running a local dcc server. Given dcc's principles, it would make sense
if checking a message was the same as reporting it, but it isn't
clear to me if this is how it actually works.

Tony.
NORTH FITZROY: SOUTHEAST 4 OR 5. THUNDERY SHOWERS. MAINLY MODERATE OR GOOD,
BUT FOG PATCHES IN EAST AT FIRST.