RedHat Perl updates

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Tue Oct 14 20:28:22 IST 2003

This is getting completely off topic :)

but what is the advantage of apt over up2date?

I have some old redhat 6.2 boxes that I really should upgrade and it
looked like a good way to keep them updated. RedHat stopped supporting
RH62 so I hoped that this would be a good replacement.

No packages are updated however as the system was aready up2date? Does it
mean that this is only a replacment of the up2date script and still
depends on PhatHat packages *if* they are ever released?