Upgrading to 4.24-5

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Tue Oct 14 19:46:47 IST 2003

Thanks - it was there after I did the install.  Worked pretty slick,
although the upgrade wasn't w/o gotchas.  When I tried to run
/etc/init.d/MailScanner start it reported failed, and gave some errors about
not finding Postfix (but did actually start).  In /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner
the default MTA was set to Postfix, so I rolled it back to sendmail, stopped
and restarted MailScanner and all's well.

Kind of odd, as there wasn't an rpmnew file in there, but the file had
apparently been changed as it had a 10/6 date on it if memory serves.  At
any rate sendmail is the default for 8.0, but perhaps not 8.1 so no matter
which way you set it you're gonna trip up someone.  Be nice if the
install.sh script recognized what MTA is being used and modified the
/etc/sysconfig/MailScanner file accordingly but it's an easy fix.  Maybe my
mentioning it will save someone else a bit of confusion.

Since I'm on a roll maybe I'll tackle Razor and DCC now.  I just added
Spamhaus to the list of RBLs (currently it and ORDB-RBL).  What else are
folks using?  I've lost track of what's still alive and what's been DoSed to
death.

All the best...

...Kevin
CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
Administrator
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500