--Urgent Help Please--

Matthew K Bowman mkbowman at neo.rr.com
Tue Oct 14 18:26:38 IST 2003

Thanks I did that, now I have the problem again. This time in /tmp

root at smithers tmp]# ls -la
total 56
drwxrwxrwt    7 root     root         4096 Oct 14 13:23 .
drwxr-xr-x   20 root     root         4096 Oct 14 10:54 ..
-rw-------    1 root     root           49 Oct 14 13:14 ClamAVBusy.lock
-rw-r--r--    1 clamav   clamav      16590 Oct 14 13:01 ClamAV.update.log
srwx------    1 root     nobody          0 Mar 13  2002 .fam_socket
drwxrwxrwt    2 xfs      xfs          4096 Oct 14 10:54 .font-unix
-rw-------    1 root     root           49 Oct 14 13:14 FProtBusy.lock
drwxrwxrwt    2 root     root         4096 Jul 10 17:17 .ICE-unix
drwx------    2 root     root         4096 Mar  6  2003 mcop-root
drwx------    2 root     root         4096 Mar  6  2003 orbit-root
drwx------    2 root     root         4096 Feb 28  2002 .sawfish-root
-rw-------    1 root     root            0 Oct 14 10:54
session_mm_apache0.sem

In the ClamAVBusy.lock file:
Virus checker locked for scanning by clamav 5974

and FProtBusy.lock
Virus checker locked for scanning by f-prot 5943

Again emails are queuing up but not being passed to /var/spool/mqueue.

Do I stop MailScanner and Sendmail (service MailScanner stop)

rm those lock files and restart MailScanner?