--Urgent Help Please--

mikea mikea at MIKEA.ATH.CX
Tue Oct 14 16:53:00 IST 2003

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 11:25:34AM -0400, Matthew K Bowman wrote:
> hundreds upon hundreds of emails in /var/spool/mqueue.in
>
> mailq -v
> /var/spool/mqueue is empty
>
> To get email to clients is it wise to copy * from mqueue.in into
> /var/spool/mqueue until I get this problem resolved?

OK, then (again):

What's the output of `ps awwux|grep -i mail` ?

This will show the sendmail instances and MailScanner instances that
are running.

What's the swap usage like? What does `top` show for memory usage?

How busy is the machine? What's it's load average?

You can do the copy, but that will totally bypass scanning.
Better (IMHO) to get scanning to work.

--
Mike Andrews
mikea at mikea.ath.cx