does sa-learn ignore X-Mailscanner headers

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 13 17:35:59 IST 2003

At 17:37 13/10/2003, you wrote:
>I have a bunch of spam that squeaked under the 5.0 threshold. I would like to
>feed this to sa-learn so that hopefully it will start filtering these out.
>
>Do I need to remove all the header lines that start with "X-Mailscanner"? They
>contain the current message score, as well as a list of what items made up
>the score.

You need this in your spam.assassin.prefs.conf file

# For spam and notspam bins
bayes_ignore_header X-MailScanner
bayes_ignore_header X-MailScanner-SpamCheck
bayes_ignore_header X-MailScanner-SpamScore
bayes_ignore_header X-MailScanner-Information

You should obviously change the header names to whatever you customised
them to be (you did customise them, didn't you...)
--
Julian Field

PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC  7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654