Selectively allow .exe attachments

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Oct 12 19:07:55 IST 2003

Rulesets pointing to filename.rules.conf file have recently been discussed
here. Please search the mailing list archive.

Basically,
         Filename Rules = /etc/MailScanner/filename.rules
And in there put
To: user at domain.com     /etc/MailScanner/allow.exe.conf
/etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf
FromOrTo: default /etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf

In allow.exe.conf put
allow   \.exe$  -       -
(separate the fields with tab characters)

--
Julian Field
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC  7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654