what to do with high scoring spam

Sat Oct 11 00:41:43 IST 2003

On Saturday 11 October 2003 12:27 am, Chris Yuzik wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> What does everyone else do with high scoring spam? Currently, I've got my
> threshold set at 20, but am doing exactly the same thing with it as I do
> with regular spam. Beyond a certain score, there must be almost zero
> probability that the message is really ham.
>
> I'm considering deleting it...but don't want to kill off any real messages.

If you do not delete it (and assuming you are not notifying the intended
recipient), how will you ever find out that you are quarantining "real
messages"?

Do you have sufficiently little spam, or sufficiently many email
administrators, that you can look at all the messages which get quarantined?

Unlikely, in my opinion.

If you never look at it to decide whether it's really spam or not, you may as
well delete it and save the space....

Antony.

--

There's no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes.

 - Billy Connolly