SA Timed Out (Redux)

Chris Trudeau chris at trudeau.org
Sat Oct 11 03:49:42 IST 2003

Yep...

SpamAssassin Timeout = 40

Using DCC/Razor and RBL checks...any ideas on how to determine if these
are timing out?  Its weird that in batches of multiple emails...only one
message will result in the timed out message...

Any ideas about that?  FWIW...I have a MailScanner 4.23/SA 2.55 machine
right next to it...on the SAME pipe...that is not experiencing these
problems...identical configurations...

CT

P.S.  I would rather messages that timeout...then get re-queued...and
re-scanned...seems to me that a default timed out resulting in delivery
would present an avenue for a DOS against SA...SPAMMERS could
say...hmmm...all we have to do it cause SA to timeout...and everyone
using it...would DELIVER our messages....hmmmm.....I could be and am
likely wrong...