Using Sendmail Queue Groups & Per User

Jim Flowers jflowers at EZO.NET
Thu Oct 9 22:44:52 IST 2003

Unfortunately, I don't think that's right.  In one of the threads there is
a reference by Julian to a 'design decision' not to split multiple-
recipient envelopes apart as being too complicating.  You may think you
are getting per user capability but the envelope-recipient is controlling
the behavior for all recipients.

As far as the example in CustomConfig.pm that's per domain control and
only looks at the first recipient, to.  So if there's something else in
the FAQ, I haven't been able to find it.

And yes, across 10,000+ users with a couple hundred domains, there are
quite a few who feel that they can handle their own virus scanning needs
or that their mail is too important to lose, virus or not.

It also occurs to me that queue groups could be used to direct inbound
messages for specific addresses, FQDN or domain name parts and direct them
to specific queues where each queue-runner could be configured for
mailscanner or for any number of different strategies.

But the main  thing that I am looking for is to configure an efficient,
flexible mail relay that can select virus and/or spam scanning on a per
domain and per user basis.