Building your own RBL {Scanned by HJMS}

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Wed Oct 8 22:27:42 IST 2003

But if you hadn't thought of it yet, running a caching DNS server might be a
good intermediate step before you go ahead with a full-blown rbl zone of
your own.  If your current dns server is on a fast lan link, ignore what I
just said, but if you currently query DNS as a client of a remote DNS server
over a WAN link, you'll see a considerable improvement in dns response time
just by running a local DNS server instead.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Lane [mailto:steve at INTELIPORT.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 3:44 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Building your own RBL {Scanned by HJMS}

I would like to build our own RBL list so that DNS lookups would be handled
a bit faster.  Where do you configure MailScanner to use this custom RBL and
do you just point to the custom RBL in MailScanner.

i.e. if I was to build a custom RBL say inside a new dir called
/etc/MailScanner/rbl and I named the file custom.rbl

How would I be able to allow MaillScanner to use such a file

Thanks in advance

Steve