Post MailScanner processing actions question... {Scanned by H JMS}

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Tue Oct 7 14:44:20 IST 2003

Here's a procmail recipe suitable for the user's .procmailrc file, which
should be all you need assuming you have a typical redhat install (I don't
know whether other distros commonly install sendmail + procmail - probably
so.).

--------- Begin .procmailrc ----------
#VERBOSE=yes
#LOGABSTRACT=all
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
PMDIR=$HOME/Procmail
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/log

:0:
* ^Subject: \{Spam\?\}
spam
--------- End .procmailrc ----------

The .procmailrc should be owned by the user, mode 700.  It must not be
writeable by others (not counting root, of course), meaning the directory
that holds it should also not be writeable by others (chmod go-w ~user).

If you have problems getting it to run, uncomment the VERBOSE and
LOGABSTRACT variables.

I have to say though that purely from a user-support standpoint I think
Julian's suggestion of using two separate pop3 mailboxes with synchronized
passwords may be preferable, especially given that every major email client
supports multiple accounts now.

--
Trever