Exchange blocking duplicate messages?

Devin Reade gdr at GNO.ORG
Fri Oct 3 16:40:50 IST 2003

Hirsh, Joshua wrote:

>  Has anyone run into the case where an Exchange 5.5 server will block
> messages with the same Message-ID field?

I don't use Exchange, so I've not seen that kind of behavior per se,
however Exchange would not be the only MDA that does it.  Cyrus IMAPd,
for example, can be configured for duplicate delivery supression (which,
IMO, is a very nice feature).

I don't have a solution for you other than to change the message ID;
none of my servers quarantine messages/attachments; they delete them
outright.

--
         Devin Reade         <gdr at gno.org>