Rules files (blacklist)

Fri Oct 3 11:43:19 IST 2003

On Thursday 02 October 2003 5:57 pm, Julian Field wrote:

> One of the reasons I haven't implemented it is the purely practical matter
> of defining how you could express a rule containing any arbitrary text (eg.
> spaces, quotes, slashes etc), while still ending up with a rule that can
> actually be parsed. If you, say, were writing a rule for "Spam Actions"
> (which takes several keywords as its result), you could end up with this:
> Subject:    this is random text to match   deliver forward
> How on earth do I parse that? Where does the subject end and the result
> (deliver forward) start?
>
> If you can come up with a decent solution to this problem, I'll have a
> crack at writing it.

How about separating the expression from the actions using a tab character,
and requiring that the expression to be searched for is a regex, so that if
it needs to contain a tab character of its own, that's shown as \t ?

Antony.

--

Having been asked to provide a reference for this man,
I can confidently state that you will be very lucky indeed