Uninstalling MailScanner

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Oct 2 16:07:34 IST 2003

At 15:24 02/10/2003, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
> > new domain is added to sendmail and/or virtusertable is modified, a simple
> > restart of sendmail is all thats needed to make it see the new domains.
> > Once MailScanner is installed, is it simply a matter of restarting
> > MailScanner to force the changes into effect ?
>
>Yes.
>
> > Secondly, If for some reason I needed to remove mailscanner completely, is
> > it simply a matter of stopping mail scanner, removing it from the startup
> > scripts, then starting sendmail normally and re-adding it to the startup
> > scripts ?
>
>service stop MailScanner
>service start sendmail
>
>Thats it.

To stop MailScanner starting after a reboot, you might also want to do

chkconfig MailScanner off
chkconfig sendmail on

> > Finally, what is the license for Inoculan ?  I have just downloaded it, and
> > tested it, and it says in the readme that upon first use the license is
> > printed - but it wasnt for me.  I am guessing it is not free for use ?

Someone recently posted a review of the licensing models and prices of
pretty much all the scanners. Try looking for a posting in the archive with
the names of several scanners in it.
--
Julian Field