whitelist issues

Bret Hughes bhughes at ELEVATING.COM
Thu Oct 2 16:33:12 IST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 11:21, Ken Anderson wrote:
> Actually mail from this list comes in like this:
>
> Oct  1 07:59:53 mail sm-mta[15866]: h91ExqJ5015866:
> from=<owner-mailscanner at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>, size=1835, class=-30, nrcpts=1,
> msgid=<8FFC76593085ED4A80D3601BC41EFCDF0C0804 at inex1.herffjones.hj-int>,
> proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=mailfilter.pacific.net [63.162.241.9]
>
> So, you can whitelist the list, or the domain. There's also some way to
> get this address into the message header, so this detective work isn't
> necessary, but I can't recall whether that's a sendmail config, or a
> MS/SA config change. Anybody?
>
> Ken A.
> Pacific.Net

I have tried a couple of times to reply to this and say thanks the
solution was to change my orig rule to From: rather than To:

the sender on the mails that I get is not owner-mailscanner though but
simply MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Previous replies included lots of headers and diagnostics that must have
screwed up my mail causing it to get silently dropped somewhere along
the line.

Thank you both for the help.

Bret