whitelist issues

Ken Anderson ka at PACIFIC.NET
Wed Oct 1 17:21:27 IST 2003

Actually mail from this list comes in like this:

Oct  1 07:59:53 mail sm-mta[15866]: h91ExqJ5015866:
from=<owner-mailscanner at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>, size=1835, class=-30, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<8FFC76593085ED4A80D3601BC41EFCDF0C0804 at inex1.herffjones.hj-int>,
proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=mailfilter.pacific.net [63.162.241.9]

So, you can whitelist the list, or the domain. There's also some way to
get this address into the message header, so this detective work isn't
necessary, but I can't recall whether that's a sendmail config, or a
MS/SA config change. Anybody?

Ken A.
Pacific.Net