sa learn with hundred of users on a gateway box

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Thu Oct 2 14:18:01 IST 2003

Hi Chris,

What MUA do your users use?

If you are using Exchange/Outlook then options are limited as Exchange won't
allow you to 'resend' the message or it mangles the headers - have a look
back through the archives and in the SpamAssassin-users achives for a
solution that works using Public Folders.

If you aren't using Exchange, then you're better off as most MUA's will
allow you to either 'Bounce' or 'Resend' the spam messages to your spam box.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Steve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Campbell [mailto:Chris.Campbell at FAC.COM]
Sent: 02 October 2003 13:10
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: sa learn with hundred of users on a gateway box

I was wondering if anyone has a similar situation....
I have 4 mailscanner boxes that are in the DMZ ... merely scan for virii
and spam, then forward on ...

I need to setup some sort of spam email account so that users can forward
and sa-learn can do its magic.
I currently have a spam acocunt setup, that has over 2000 spam messages
from various users....but the
question is:

Since these emails are already forwarded from an internal user...won't this
mess up sa-learn?  The FROM will always
be from user at ourdomain.com .....

Is anyone else in a similar situation..and does anyone have any opinions?

Thanks.
Christopher S. Campbell
UNIX Admin
First Albany Corp

the sender and delete the message from your mailbox.

MailScanner (www.mailscanner.info) for the presence of computer viruses.