mailscanner and sendmail dilemma

kfliong kfliong at WOFS.COM
Thu Oct 2 09:37:05 IST 2003

>chkconfig --list sendmail

sendmail        0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off

>chkconfig --list MailScanner

MailScanner     0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

>Then, try running the following:
>
>service MailScanner stop
>service sendmail stop
>
>wait for a minute then check the output of 'ps ax' to make sure no sendmail
>or MailScanner processes remain (kill then with 'kill -HUP <pid>' if they
>do), then restart MailScanner:
>
>service MailScanner start
>
>then post the relevant lines from /var/log/maillog showing the MailScanner
>startup and the processing of a test message through mailscanner.
>
>Then maybe it'll be obvious to me or someone else as to what is up with your
>set-up.
>
>Kind regards,
>Steve.

ok, I stopped everything and restarted (which I have already done tons).
But could you tell me how to see the processing of a test message through
mailscanner?

Thanks in advance.