Two Installations of Perl!

Thu Oct 2 00:09:36 IST 2003

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 11:55 pm, greyhair wrote:

> I know it is EVIL to have two installations of perl.  My server is, i
> guess, possessed.
> Question: how to I tell the system to use one version over the other??
> Is there a simple *QUICK* way??

1. Ensure that only one of the installations is in your path (for each user
which may call Perl scripts).

2. Ensure that any scripts which call the Perl interpreter by absolute path
point to the one you to be used.

One method of bypassing the one you don't to be used might be to delete the
contents of the Perl directory you don't want, and then make it a symbolic
link to the directory of the version you do want.

Regards,

Antony.

--

Ramdisk is not an installation procedure.