Strip HTML weirdness

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Wed Oct 1 15:22:28 IST 2003

Julian Field wrote:
> Can you make sure they are not very long URLs that are being split
> into multiple lines by Outlook?

No, thats not the case, heres a short extract from the particular mail thats generated complaints (lots of my users are on this list).  A couple of curious things 1) The urls are truncated, 2) The URLS are surrounded by <>.  The message was tagged as spam and converted to an attachment, but was low scoring spam - which is not set to be stripped - although it looks from the logs that it also triggered one of the dangerous html rules (which are set to strip content).  I think the original is online here http://www.bmra.org.uk/mrbusiness/index.asp (although the links are relative in the source of that).

MESSAGE EXTRACT FOLLOWS....

 <http://www.bmra.org.u>

        30 September 2003   Issue 25 <http://www.bmra.org.uk/mrbusine>

print <http://www.bmra.org.uk/mrbusine>                   search for
in       --Whole Site-- Sep 2003 Ezine 25 Sep 2003 Ezine 24 Jul 2003
Ezine 23 Jun 2003 Ezine 22 May 2003 Ezine 21 Apr 2003 Ezine 20
submit

        BMRA <http://www.bmra.org.uk>

        frontpage <http://www.bmra.org.u>

        archive <http://www.bmra.org.uk/>