SA timed out and was killed.

Ken Anderson ka at PACIFIC.NET
Wed Oct 1 00:53:10 IST 2003

Hello,

Watching the maillog, I see things like this every few minutes:

MailScanner[21096]: New Batch: Found 44 messages waiting
MailScanner[21096]: New Batch: Scanning 16 messages, 320711 bytes
MailScanner[21096]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed, consecutive
failure 1 of 20

It never gets to 2.

It seems to happen with big batches (a lot of bytes), but not with
smaller batches. I first tried adjusting the rbl timeouts and dcc
timeout, but no affect, so it seems related to SA timeout of 15 secs.. I
upped it to 25 sec, and it seems happy now.

Do the messages get requeued if SA is killed?
I hope so!

Thanks,

Ken A.
Pacific.Net