MS + Trend InterScan Virus Wall

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Nov 29 17:29:18 GMT 2003

At 17:09 29/11/2003, you wrote:
> > >  I had to change the code status in SweepViruses.pm to make Trend
>work at
> > > all with MS.
> >
> > That's why it is still Beta. What changes did you have to make? What
> > version of trend are you using?
> >

>My wording may have been misleading, I should have said "I had to change
>SweepViruses.pm to make MS (4.24-5) work with Trend. I had to change
>
>     SupportScanning     => $S_SUPPORTED,
>     SupportDisinfect    => $S_SUPPORTED,

See the "Minimum Code Status" configuration option. You don't need to
change the code at all.

>under "trend" virus scanners. No changes to Trend were needed, just the
>pathnames in virus.scanners.conf to point to /etc/iscan (this is the
>default location to trend's vscan, and according to Trend, vscan and all
>apps should always be launched from /etc/iscan directory regardless of
>platform). I would recommend that the default path for
>virus.scanners.conf reflect this. I also had to edit trend-wrapper to
>change the paths there as well (removing /bin/ from pathname references)

Can you give me a list of the files and their installation directories? I
currently assume
/pack/trend/bin/vscan is the executable, and
/pack/trend/lib is where the libraries are, and
/etc/iscan is where the config files are.

I didn't write the trend-autoupdate script and that seems to be
inconsistent. If I can get a list of everything then I can sort out all the
paths involved. It is for reasons such as this, that it has not previously
been listed as supported. Looks like it still isn't quite settled either.

--
Julian Field
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC  7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654