scanners I have picked?

Nathan Johanson nathan at TCPNETWORKS.NET
Fri Nov 28 19:47:05 GMT 2003

Hmmm... This is interesting news.
These sales reps waver like trees in the wind. If you got it in writing,
I say "go for it".

Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan-Peter Koopmann [mailto:Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE]
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2003 12:49 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: scanners I have picked?

Yes and no. The license says: Per user if you want to scan e-mail.

I contacted sales in Germany and got this answer. I then protested and
pasted an earlier review here in the list (from Nathan). The answer was:
The server license is xxx EUR. I then asked again if this means that I
was correct and I can use the server license for MailScanner, the answer
was short and simple: Yes.

That is enough for me to pick F-Secure, have three scanners (plus
ClamAV) and feel ok with the license. Frankly I suspect noone will ever
check you if you buy a server license and use it against their license
policy. But just in case I feel better having their e-mail.

Regards,
  JP