SpamAssassin RBL details

David Hooton david at PLATFORMHOSTING.COM
Fri Nov 28 07:58:46 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I have a question about how the SpamAssassin RBL's work.

We have an SMTP proxy running in front of MailScanner on our mail
server, I am wanting to turn RBL checking on, but seeing as all
connections are seen as arriving from 127.0.0.1 by MailScanner I'm not
sure if the RBL's will work.

Can someone explain to me how the RBL checks are performed?  Does it
look at all the relaying IP's in the headers or does it use the
connecting IP and therefore only see 127.0.0.1?

All help appreciated!

Regards,

David Hooton
Senior Partner
Platform Hosting
www.platformhosting.com

   This message has been scanned for spam & viruses by Mail Security.
   To report SPAM forward the message to:    spam at mailsecurity.net.au
   Mail Security                              www.mailsecurity.net.au