Trustix 2.0

Richard Potter rpotter at RPCS.NET
Thu Nov 27 14:11:39 GMT 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Stephen Lee wrote:

> Has anyone attempted to install the MS RPM on Trustix 2.0? A number of
> the RPM directory locations are different than on a Redhat system and
> I've tried to add soft links to get the Perl modules to build but now am
> running into $ARCH (eg. rpmbuild puts the rpm in i586 but rpm -Uvh looks
> for them in i386) and dependency issues (says perl >= 0:5.00503 needed
> but I have the Perl 5.8.0 rpm).

I just tested this last night :-) The install script can easily be modified
to fix the /usr/src/trustix paths, and also the i586/i386 difference.

I also had a problem with a some dependency issues, which will need a
further look. I'm testing trustix on a spare box, on a "when I get time
basis".

Anyone else tried/trying Trustix with MailScanner?

Cheers!
--
Richard Potter RHCE
Re/Max