scanners I have picked?

Randal, Phil prandal at HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK
Thu Nov 27 10:49:28 GMT 2003

> > McAfee Virus Scan for Unix
>
> I had a very long e-mail conversation with NAI in Germany.
> They told me
> over and over again that there is no such thing as a server
> licence for
> Virus Scan. You would need a per user/workstation license.

If you have a corporate site licence you should be covered for this.

We use clamav (module interface) and McAfee's uvscan here.  So far, ClamAV
has picked up everything that McAfee has.  The converse hasn't been true,
for reasons I don't yet understand - it might have been a scan timeout,
because uvscan run against the quarantined file found the infection.

Cheers,

Phil