Quarantine or save SPAM based on rules

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Nov 26 18:04:55 GMT 2003

At 17:01 26/11/2003, you wrote:
>Julian,
>
>Excuse my NEWBIE-ness but here's what I've got.
>1. Created /etc/MailScanner/rules/lowspam.rules for low spam
>     From: 10.    store deliver
>     From: 192.168.    store deliver
>     From: default    attachment deliver
>2. Created /etc/MailScanner/rules/highspam.rules for low spam
>     From: 10.20.    store delete
>     From: 192.168.    store delete

Don't use store and delete together. What you mean is just to store. It
won't deliver unless you tell it to.

>     From: default    delete
>3. Edit /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf and change the following
>     - Spam Actions =  /etc/MailScanner/rules/lowspam.rules
>     - High Scoring Spam Actions = /etc/MailScanner/rules/highspam.rules
>
>Correct?  Can I just use store and do I need delete also?

Add a "FromOrTo: default" entry as well, with whatever you consider to be
the appropriate action in this case.

--
Julian Field
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC  7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654