spam sneaking thru because spamassassin times out?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 21 10:14:16 GMT 2003

At 08:01 21/11/2003, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've been noticing a bit of spam sneaking through the system evidently because
>SpamAssassin timed out. I never had that before I upgraded SA and MS. Any
>thoughts or workarounds?

If you use razor or pyzor, check your server lists are up to date. There is
a "server discovery" command in each of these packages I believe, you will
find it in the docs for those packages.

In spam.assassin.prefs.conf, keep the rbl_timeout figure fairly small (10
or 15 seconds?) so that MS doesn't kill SA just because SA is waiting for
an RBL lookup.
--
Julian Field

PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC  7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654